iGoogle - Your Friend, Philosopher and Guide

The first question I ask myself - how do I remain updated without the need to go to several websites. And at the same time, I take notes when I browse for future reference.

The answer was to configure iGoogle. Go to http://www.blogger.com/www.google.com and click on iGoogle on the right left hand corner of the screen.

Click on Add Stuff and start adding various google gadgets. The gadgets that I have is google reader that helps me remain updated about RSS feeds from the news sites like financial times, economic times, ft, blogs, finance websites, jobs and others. It is very easy to configure and it saves lot of time from visiting other websites. I hoped ICWAI website should have RSS feeds. MA blog has RSS feeds and you can subscribe to it and always remain updated about latest happenings.

You must have noticed that I have put my google reader on MA blog for the benefit of all. Also on my fun blog. You may subscribe to those as well.

I have added google weather and can add more than cities. This helps me know whether my friends are in good conditions or not. My mail box appears on igoogle page. There are some default websites that igoogle offers.

There are lot of gadgets you can on igoogle and configure them in Tabs. I have installed Google Notebook on my Firefox browser. This helps you note down important notes when you are browsing and you want to refer back. Earlier I used to scribble on my Postit notes or on a piece of paper and eventually lost it. But now I copy it on my Google Note. I can access anywhere my notebook when I am on the internet.

The important aspect, I forgot to share with you is.... Use Firefox browser. Dump Internet Explorer... it is slow and pathetic. Last week I had been to my friend's place and he was using AOL browser. He felt that his browser was very slow and may be due to his PC. He had downloaded Firefox on his PC but did not use it. I demonstrated it Firefox and it was quick as ever. He was happy that he did not have any problem in PC.

iGoogle is a very good tool to remain updated... each day...everyday. The google gadgets help you plan your day and also helps you to remain in touch with friends and collegues. Try google products and see whether they change the way do things. I have adapted to google products and find it very good.


Try iGoogle and you will feel the difference. If you have questions, please comment. I will reply to you.


Cheers,


Santosh Puthran

Comments :

0 comments to “iGoogle - Your Friend, Philosopher and Guide”